Summary

Late last night in Thane’s town Shahapur in Maharashtra , a crane collapsed on a construction site which killed a total of seventeen workers and…

Late last night in Thane’s town Shahapur in Maharashtra , a crane collapsed on a construction site which killed a total of seventeen workers and left three injured. The workers were said to be working on the construction of the Samruddhi Expressway, when a crane reportedly fell on them, crushing them to death. All the three injured workers were rushed immediately to the nearby hospital. They are being treated for their injuries currently.

Read More: THE JAPANESE MAN WHO TRANSFORMED INTO A DOG TOOK HIS FIRST WALK IN PUBLIC TODAY

The crane that fell on them is said to be specialised in moving large steel beams or girders . It is majorly used in construction of rail bridges, highways and forming of large buildings. It is known as a girder launching machine.

As per the reports of the police, the incident took place early on Tuesday near Sarlambe village where the workers were still working on the construction site for the third phase of Samruddhi Expressway. Fire brigade, police and other emergency services are currently on the location trying to engage in all the required rescue operations.

It was announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi that he will provide with a compensation of Rs 2 lakh for the families of the victims. He offered his deep condolences.

Prime Minister tweeted,”Pained by the tragic mishap in Shahapur, Maharashtra. My deepest condolences to the families of those who lost their lives. Our thoughts and prayers are with those who are injured. NDRF and local administration are working at the site of the mishap and all possible measures are being taken to ensure proper assistance to those affected.”
He added,”An ex-gratia of Rs 2 lakh from PMNRF will be given to the next of kin of each deceased. The injured would be given Rs 50,000.”

The inauguration of the 701-kilometerlong Samruddhi Mahamarg, also called the Mumbai-Nagpur Expressway, a majr highway connecting two cities was carried by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in December last year. The work of the construction is done under the Maharashtra State Road Developement Corporation ( MSRDC ).

 

OTTIndia updates you with the latest news, Country’s no.1 digital news platform OTTIndia, Keeps you updated with national, and international news from all around the world. For more such updates, download OTTIndia app on your Android and IOS device.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *